SENIOR MANAGER, BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE & PRICING
The Senior Manager, Business Intelligence & Pricing report to the Chief Marketing Officer
To strategically develop, plan and manage the Business Intelligence strategy and framework to drive planning and inform decision making; and to provide reporting and customer insight via data mining and market research.
Detailed Job Description
1- OPERATIONAL DELIVERY
Strategy Development and Implementation
- Lead creation of sub-divisional strategy in line with overarching divisional goals with emphasis on client experience (internal and external)
- Ensure effective implementation of sub-divisional strategy by means of providing direction, structure, business plans and support
2- Staff Leadership and Management
- Source, induct, and manage talent in accordance with legislative guidelines
- Ensure open communication channels with staff and implement change management interventions where necessary
- Provide definition of roles, responsibilities, individual goals and performance objectives for the team
- Set KPIs and provide regular performance feedback through a well-defined and implemented performance review program
- Develop and implement a training plan in order to build and develop skills within the team
- Performance manage resources in accordance with HR policy and legislation where necessary
- Actively participate in leadership team
- Supports team capability development through the creation of opportunities for realizing full potential
- Promote a ‘Company centric’ and ‘partnership approach’ to develop strong relationships with other working groups and ensure adherence to Group governance
Adhoc, operational and tactical meeting
- Set up / participate in adhoc and operational meetings
- Participate and provide input into tactical meetings
- Report at process and functional level
- Manage and resolve escalations that have impact on critical path of service delivery
- Escalate issues that will result in significant time, scope, employee/customer or cost impacts if not resolved
- Manage and provide solutions to issues that require formal resolution
- Set up and manage project status meetings
- Review and identify key risks, issues, and dependencies and set mitigation actions
- Manage budgets
- Sign off / make decisions regarding operational changes
- Keep abreast of global and local best practice and make recommendations on leveraging opportunities to the Chief Marketing Officer.
- Provide input into the review of all projects initiated.
- Review key risks, issues, and dependencies and set mitigation actions.
- Manage budget
- Review performance of team activities against agreed KPIs and compliance to SLAs, make recommendations for improvement and implement approved initiatives to ensure enhanced performance of the team
- Create and monitor plan for continuous improvement Operational Delivery
- Develop and execute continuous improvement plans for research and customer knowledge
- Ensure quality assurance on research produced by the market research team and for providing strategic direction on the research plan / schedule
- Drive the business planning process of the company
- Ensure relevant business rules are applied in the budget process and forecasting scenarios
- Ensure quality drivers and assumptions for the Business plan from gross revenue to margin
- Review and quality assure tariff / pricing strategy on all commercial / retail and interconnect tariff regimes
- Develop appropriate framework for setting marketing plans and network roll out plans / requirements
- Evaluate network rollout form a customer perspective and provide the relevant direction to marketing and sales teams
- Liaise with other departments such as finance, network group and enterprise solution to understand their research, reporting and analytical needs, take these needs and support the departments by mobilizing the customer knowledge and research teams to deliver on those needs
- Coordinate all activities within Business Intelligence function to ensure alignment, integration of effort and minimize duplications and conflicts
- Redesign operational systems and procedures to achieve operational excellence
- To realize deep analysis of Opco performance in order to identify factors impacting revenue and EBITDA.
- To develop models to understand the effect of marketing and competitor actions upon Opcos’ performance.
- Realize deep analysis of Opco performance in order to identify factors impacting Churn.
- Develop models in order to monitor and to understand the effect of marketing and competitor actions.
- Develop churn prediction models with a segmented approach in order to build tactical corrective actions.
- Propose loyalty initiatives based on churn analyses.
- Cooperate closely with cross functional teams and provide input to overall strategic direction
- Benchmark international Business Intelligence practices and continually improving the marketing intelligence framework
- Minimum of 4 years’ tertiary qualification in Marketing, Statistics or Computer Science (must be comfortable in at least two of these areas).
- Masters advantageous
- Fluent in English and French
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience in a global / multinational business environment (understanding of emerging markets advantageous)
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the Business intelligence of which 4 years’ experience in telecoms industry
- Manager track record of 5 years or more, with at least 3 years in relevant sector/industry
- Experience in leading change / transformation (marketing) at an operational level advantageous
- Experience in continuous improvement through the implementation of best practices
- Worked across diverse cultures and geographies advantageous
- Statistical modeling and multivariate analysis
- Data mining and predictive analytics
- Complex market research
- Forecasting techniques
- Pricing analysis
- Reporting and performance analysis
- Marketing planning
- Project management
- Financial acumen
- Information management
- Marketing and sales acumen
- Performance enhancement and improvements
- Problem solving
- Strategic thinking
- Vendor management.
- Extra good numerical mind
- Excellent command in Microsoft Excel and VBA
- Advanced statistical software skills (SPSS, SAS, SPAD, etc.)
- Good analytical skills
- Must be able to work under pressure
- Leadership and management skills
- Learning and self-development
- Conceptual Thinker
- Problem Solver
- Improvement Driver
- Culture and Change Champion
- Supportive People Manager
- Relationship Manager
- Results Achiever
- Operationally Astute
Behavioral qualities :
- Unify people/Build a team,
- Plan work,
- monitor work,
- Problem solving