To support the business in meeting and exceeding its objectives through sound procurement practices and management, providing materials and services in a timely manner to support capital and operational expenditure. Manage and implement sound controls to ensure that the company's internal controls and processes are fully met when procuring materials and services at the lowest evaluated cost. To provide accurate, timely and comprehensive management information to ensure that the business meets materials and services requirements within agreed budgets.
- Provide leadership in the sound management of the company's purchasing.
- Develop, evaluate, and implement processes and procedures to produce procurement plans used in decision making;
- Establish and continually evaluate suppliers of effective and efficient materials and services that keep the business running;
- Evaluate the management of these processes and the trends that have or could have an impact on the commercial and financial health of the company;
- Manage the contractors committee to monitor and provide the company with adequate service providers who will complete projects on time and flawlessly;
- Continuous evaluation of subcontractors to ensure that company quality and safety requirements are met.
- In relation to the internal controls section and the company's management, identify, develop, implement, evaluate internal control processes.;
- Periodically review delegated buyers' internal control processes to ensure they meet the needs of emerging salespeople;
- Provide advice to management in the interpretation and implementation of control procedures.
- Develop, coach, supervise, motivate, and energize the purchasing team;
- Provide flexibility to meet employee needs within company guidelines and opportunities for career and personal growth;
- Develop, coach, mentor, motivate and energize the Procurement team of highly productive employees. Provide flexibility for employee needs within the company guidelines and opportunities for career and personal growth;
- Constantly monitor functional Opex to ensure that the Procurement function operates within agreed budgets. Periodically review performance against planned targets and provide the Accounting and Finance Manager with accurate and timely performance reports, variance / factor analysis;
- Provide leadership and guidance in the development of company procurement plans;
- Manage end-to-end tender processes and control the contract portfolio for materials and services ensuring business risk is managed and contracts reflect operational needs and costs are minimised;
- Manage the allocation of budget across the Department to ensure complete adherence and highlight any deviation from the plan in a timely manner and take corrective action as necessary and in line with the approved governance process;
- Consolidate all reporting department’s budget input to formulate department budget and submit to leadership for approval and further consolidation;
- Ensure that any employee has a Job description that reflects the expectations of the management about the position held;
- Ensure, at the beginning of the year, that employees have been assigned challenging goals and that they are aware of the management expectations, along with set deadlines;
- Provide guidance to direct reports, mentor, and coach them when necessary;
- Identify talent for key roles from a succession management perspective to ensure continuity of the business and liaise with HR for enrolment in the necessary programme;
- Hold regular meetings with the staff to strengthen the social climate; and to improve effectiveness and efficiency at work;
- Promote effective communication on all levels of the organization within the company and with other corporate functions and Group affiliates;
- Master’s degree in business
- At least 5 years of experience in the position
- Experience in purchasing and supply in the commercial sector.
Deadline: October 15th, 2023