Assistant Finance Manager
Reporting to the Senior Finance Manager Francophone, the Assistant Finance Manager’s primary role is to directly support Revenue, Profit and Portfolio growth, by establishing AMSCO as a leading Advisory solutions provider
Assist the Senior Finance Manager to:
- Assist in the prepare monthly financial reports for the unit and any other schedules/reports as may be required from time to time.
- Periodic (quarterly & monthly) invoicing of clients and issuance of monthly statements.
- Payment of both local and foreign suppliers especially Technical Experts remuneration.
- Follow up of receivables from clients to ensure timely payment.
- Monthly preparation, declaration and payment tax returns
- Payroll management and administration
- Review staff travel expense claims/reports.
- Manage relations with banks for compliance with central bank regulation on forex payments and receipts.
- Book all entries in Odoo and ensure a smooth month end closing process.
- Assist Business Development Managers with quotations and review of financial projections
- Maintain an effective filling system of all financial records and documents.
- Monthly bank and cash reconciliations.
- Petty cash control and management.
- Reconciling balance sheet accounts (Fixed Assets, prepayments, accruals & provisions, creditors and inter-company Accounts).
- Assist the Country Managing Director and Senior Finance Manager in compiling annual budgets and periodic monitoring.
- Assist Senior Finance Manager during interim and annual audits.
- Any other responsibilities as may be assigned.
- Lead and /or support opportunity assessments in the country / territory in line with priority plan.
- Develop winning concepts, bid and proposals in collaboration with the team.
- Work closely with Business Development and teams to source, endorse and utilize strategic partners on future projects.
- Collate information and compile reports related to business opportunities.
- Establish, manage and maintain business database.
- Coordinate and provide oversight on the reporting requirements of all programmes under implementation.
- Construct workflow charts and diagrams; studying system capabilities.
- Define project requirements by identifying project milestones, phases and elements; forming project team; establishing project budget.
- Monitor project progress by tracking activity; resolving problems; publishing progress reports; recommending actions.
- Prepare technical reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends.
- Conduct and coordinate financial, product, market, operational and related research to support strategic and business planning.
- Interpret, evaluate and interrelate research data and develop integrated business analyses and projections for incorporation into strategic decision-making
- Plan and coordinate the development of primary and secondary market research studies in support of strategic planning and specific marketing initiatives, as required and presents findings of studies to client committees
- Perform daily, weekly and monthly reviews and analyses of current processes using operational metrics and reports
- Understand and communicate the financial and operational impact of any changes
- Suggest changes to senior management using analytics to support your recommendations. Actively participate in the implementation of approved changes
- Create informative, actionable and repeatable reporting that highlights relevant business trends and opportunities for improvement
- Conduct insightful, ad hoc analyses to investigate ongoing or one-time operational issues
- Gather data around competition and market conditions or trends that may impact ability to source clients.
- Good analytical skills
- Attention to details
- Strong organizational skills with ability to meet tight deadlines
- Critical thinking and ability to solve complex problems
- Good interpersonal communication (French and English)
- Team player with ability to adapt in a fast-changing environment
- Ability to work with little or no close supervision
EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATION AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Master’s degree in Accounting/Finance or any other similar qualification
- At least 5 years of track record experience in Accounting and Finance
- Working knowledge of revised SYSCHOAHADA
- Can work with both French and English languages